Annabeth Chase is one of the main protagonists in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series. SHe is a Greek demigod daughter of Athena and Frederick Chase. She is currently the girlfriend of Percy Jackson. She is also the head counselor of Athena's Cabin and the architect of Olympus. Her current status is unknown, she is said to still be alive due to Nico's tone of voice not dropping.
Annabeth's father, Frederick Chase, met Athena, the goddess of wisdom, war and hadicrafts, while he was studying history at Harvard. Athena helped him get through his studies and, consequently, they fell in love. Shortly aftr, in 1993, as a gift to Frederick, Athena sent him Annabeth. She appeared on Frederick's doorstep in a golden cradle carrider down from Olympus by Zephyros, the west wind. She was considered a "brian child" like all other children of Athena. However, her father asked Athena to take Annabeth to Olympus and raise her there, as he didn't see Annabeth as a gift in the way Athena did. Athena refused and told him that heroes were supposed to be raised by their mortal parents and not their godly ones. In the end, he had no choice but to take her in and care for her as well as he could.===Childhood=== When Annabeth was five, her father got married. He and his wife had two kids together, Matthew and Bobby Chase. Because Annabeth was a demigod, her family was constantly being attacked by monsters, causing constant fighting between Annabeth and her parents, as they felt that she was always putting them in danger. When she was little, she used to be attacked, bitten and covered in cobwebs by spiders at night and she would scream for her father but her step-mom thought she was making it up and refuesd to call her father because whenever her step-mom came into the room, the spiders would hide away and by the time she got dressed each morning the bites and cobwebs faded. As a result, Annabeth felt that her step mom though she was a freak, so she ran away from home at age seven because she believed that she was not wanted by her family members.
She then then fought monsters with the guidance of her mother, Athena, for a few monts, using only a mortal hammer. Annabeth was later found by a son of Hermes, Luke Castellan, and a daughter of Zeus, Thalia Grace. When they found her she was hiding under a sheet of corrugated iron. SHe then tride to attack them with a hammer, but Luke grabbed her wrist and knocked it out of her hand. After being able to befriend her, Luke gave her a celestial bronze knife and said that only a clever warrior could use knives like this one. They traveled many places together until they were brough to camp by Grover Underwood, a satyr. She never wanted to go back home and considers Camp Half-Blood her home since she has lived there most of her life, starting from seven years old. There fore, she is one of the youngest to ever join Camp Half-Blood.
Annabeth was first introduced as a neutral character, not quite actually enjoying Percy's company but getting used to him after his fight with Clarisse and her gang. She started off having simi-positive feelings for Percy, but after he was claimed they started to become firends. She had been at camp for most of her life, starting off at the age of seven to later meet Percy at age twelve.
In the Lightning thief, Annabeth is shown to criticize Percy on countless moments, most of them often being in a caring and nice way, but she still shows some antimosity. When Percy is claimed her feelings for him aren't one hundred percent clear. It is shown that they bond in a animal supply trunk on their quest and they recall this later in The Mark of Athena.
Annabeth is mentioned by Nico to stilll be alive, although her location is unknown, its assumed that she might've gone back to her home in San Fransico, but as a demigod she has disappeared, meaning she might've decided to live a life among mortals. Nico does known one thing, she is still alive, but her condition is unknown.
Annabeth loves architecture, and spends her free time designing new buildings and visiting national monuments. Her fatal flaw is hubris, otherwise known as excessive pride: she thinks she can do almost anything and do it well, even better than the gods.
Annabeth can be very caring but possessive of the people she loves. For example, she is very anxious of losing Percy to another girl like Rachel or Calypso. Assuming that Percy is dead in The Battle of the Labyrinth, she speaks to the crowd, saying, "He was probably the bravest friend I ever had". Yet when Percy emerged, and annabeth figures out that he was recuperating on Calypso's island, she calls him the "single most annoying person I've ever met!"
Annabeth can be very harsh and judgemental during first meetings, but after winning her approval she is very loyal. She is very strong-minded and equally stubborn. Annabeth is an intellectual genius, as well as clever and witty. She's also analytical, strategic and is very wise.
During the Heroes of Olympus series she shows to become reckless when a situation concerns Percy and she also develpoed a fear of losing him to death or being separated from him for a long time.
Percy describes her to have curly golden bonde hair like a princess. She is tall, fit and athletic. Her eyes have been described as a intense shade of grey and always has a distracted look as if she were thinking a million things at once. Annabeth looks like a typical California girl only with a natural tan. Annabeth is described as 'cute', 'pretty', and 'beautiful' many times in the books by Percy. Other characters have said similar things, such as Aphrodite telling her she had "grown into quite a beautiful young lady" and Chrysaor saying she was 'lovely'.
They were both in a relationship when Percy was mortal, its assumed that due to the fact that her status is unknown they might've broken up. But Percy still does consider her his girlfriend. Annabeth and him have known each other ever since they were twelve and they both have shared feelings for one another ever since. They both finally began their relationship as a couple when they were sixteen. Its assumed that if she is alive, she still thinks about him.
Annabeth and her mother have had a good bond, and Athena might consider her "the favorite" child. Its also shown many times that Annabeth is important to Athena, as when Athena has a talk with Percy on Olympus about his fatal flaw. Athena cares deeply for her daughter and it does go both ways.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Divine Wisdom: She has her mother's wisdom and is very intelligent and sophisticated.
- She is knowledgeable in architecture and the Greek gods and creatures, which is very useful in journeys, battles, and quests.
- Strategy and Battle Skill: Because her mother is the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy, Annabeth is a skilled warrior in battle and an adept strategist.
- She is a master strategist (like her mother, Athena). She shows her strategic abilities in the Last Olympian where Athena and her were creating battle plans and strategies. Percy acknowledges that she's the best strategist he knows and Annabeth has continuously proven to be able to formulate effective pre and mid-battle strategies.
- She is a capable hand-to-hand combatant and is skilled with a sword, knife, and bow.
- Unlike most demigods who use mid-range weapons, Annabeth is shown to fight better with a knife then a sword despite the former's smaller size.
- Crafts: She is also skilled with crafts
- Annabeth has been asked to leave Camp Half-Blood multiple times.
- Luke invited Annabeth to join him before he became the vessel for Kronos.
- Circe asked her to stay on her Island and become a sorcceress.
- She was asked to join the Hunters of Artemis.
- Annabeth and Percy's relationship mirrors their parents and the creation of the Chariot, while Athena made the body of the chariot, Poseidon made the steed to pull the chariot.
- Annabeth was the first child to discover the mysteries of the Mark of Athena.
- Her first name "Annabeth" is an anagram of the name Athena with two extra letters N and B.
- She is the first child of Athena to have a relationship with a child of Poseidon.
- She is one of the only people to carry a cellphone and use it on Camp Grounds.